Update for Alphacat Version 16.3 – Cayman Islands patch
In response to experiences with the Cayman Islands AEOI Portal we have created an update for Alphacat Version 16.3 to resolve the following issues:
- When attempting to file a FATCA return for a Sponsored FI an error message from the KY portal displayed suggesting the Reporting FI GIIN should be used in the DocRefId for the Sponsor. This differs to schema interpretations in other jurisdictions, but has been resolved by amending the formula for how Alphacat generates DocRefIds specifically for the Cayman Islands.
- In some very particular circumstances the information entered into an Alphacat file was not appearing in Report mode. This issue has now been resolved.
Please click here to download this patch.
Alphacat (v.16.3) Edition
Following Cayman Islands release of the updated AEOI Portal User Guide at the end of June 2017, we have made available a patch to meet the requirements of their CRS Business Rules.
The updates and fixes applied to this patch are described below:
- Cayman Island’s CRS reports are to be submitted per jurisdiction. The jurisdiction being reported would be identified as the “ReceivingCountry”. We have now implemented a feature to allow ReceivingCountry to be edited in Alphacat.
- The User Guide for the Cayman Islands stipulates that the first two characters of the DocRefId must correspond to the sending jurisdiction country code. We have updated our Cayman Island CRS output accordingly.
- The CorrMessageRefID was an automatically generated reference which was identified as an element to be omitted in corrected CRS Reports. This has been updated for Cayman Islands CRS reports and other CRS jurisdictions, as it is not required in any jurisdiction.
- It was brought to our attention that where a FATCA submission includes a Sponsoring Financial Institution arrangement, the Sponsored FI’s GIIN and Filer Category were not showing correctly in Report Mode. This has been corrected. In some cases, for Jersey CRS filings, the DocRefId for Entity Accounts with Controlling Persons was not generated correctly. This has been fixed.
Click here to download the latest Alphacat 16.3 update. Once downloaded extract the contents of the zip file to your Alphacat installation folder. Unless you have specified a different path, the default path for the installation folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\TCSL\TCSL Alphacat.
If you have any questions, or experience any problems with the update please contact Support on +44 (0)1784 777 666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.