Information Security and the protection of Customer data is at the core of Tax Systems products and services, which is why FTSE500 companies trust Tax Systems with their information.
Customer and Tax Systems information is protected by best-in-class 24x7x365 Security detection, alerting, and mitigation solutions throughout the organisation and supply chain.
Tax Systems is ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials certified.
- Service availability is the measure of the service being available and accessible to the customers during the committed timeframes and is usually expressed as a percentage.
- Availability does not include outages or disruptions caused by:
• Planned maintenance Releases conducted outside of the Core Hours and notified to the Customer at least seven days in advance.
• Any improper use, misuse or unauthorised alteration of any Software Service, or Additional Service, by or on behalf of the Customer.
• Any use of a Software Service, or Additional Service, by the Customer in a manner inconsistent with the then-current Documentation.
• The use by the Customer of any hardware or software not provided by the Supplier or approved by the Supplier in the Specification for use by the Customer in connection with a Software Service and/or Additional Service.
• A breach by the Customer of its obligations under the relevant Contract.
Availability is measured per calendar quarter:
Service downtime for Maintenance and Service updates
- Customers are notified 7 days prior to any planned service downtime for maintenance or update.
- Customer are provided with Release Notes for service functionality updates.
- Service downtime for planned activities is conducted, wherever possible, outside of core hours.
- In the event of an emergency release or maintenance activity, customers will be notified as soon as is possible.
- Where possible, service downtime emergency release or maintenance activity is performed outside of core hours.
Tax Systems uses Serverless SQL provided via Microsoft Azure UK Cloud services. Serverless SQL is replicated between Microsoft UK South and UK West Regions and retained for a period of 35 days.
Replication is monitored and checked automatically utilising Microsoft tools. In addition, Tax Systems perform sample restore tests throughout the year.
All data is encrypted at rest and transit.
Tax Systems utilises Microsoft UK West and UK South Regions for hosting. Each region is made up of multiple Data Centres, which provide site level redundancy. Should one site fail, the others within that Region takeover with no loss of service.
Should the UK South Region become unavailable (primary/live hosting presence) Tax Systems will work with Microsoft to restore the service to the UK West Region, where Tax Systems has allocated resources. In the event the UK South Region is unavailable, Microsoft have made it clear that performance and responsiveness commitments of the UK West Region would be affected and therefore restoration timescales cannot be guaranteed.
Tax Systems estimates restoration of the service to take between 48 and 72 hours from declaration of a disaster.
Tax Systems uses the following sub-processors to store and process Customer Data*:
- Microsoft Azure UK Cloud Data Centres.
- Microsoft Online Services.
The following sub-processors to store and process Customer Contact Information**:
- Salesforce & Pardot
*Customer Data: the data input by the Customer, Authorised Users, or the Supplier on the Customer’s behalf for the purpose of using the Software Modules and the Services or facilitating the Customer’s use of the Software Modules and the Services.
**Customer Contact Information: Personal business contact details of identified Customer employees used for the purposes of Supplier services, such as Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Support.
Tax Systems Ltd has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate on the stated date of publication or last modification.
It is possible that the information may be out of date, incomplete or the opinion of the author. It is advisable that you verify any information from this website before relying on it.
Tax Systems Ltd accepts no responsibility for the consequences of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information and material contained on this website or any site you may access through this site.
Materials contained on this website are subject to copyright and other proprietary rights.